The race is on!! There is solid snow coverage and it’s been packed recently so we’re going ahead with the race. Here’s a few things to know for tomorrow:
- All “experienced” biathletes will go out first at 1 minute intervals and use the 7.5km course.
- Anyone using a club rifle or who has registered as a novice will go out at 1 minute intervals after a 10 minute break and use the 5.5km course.
- We may need to eliminate the penalty loop and switch to a 45 second time penalty depending on conditions.
- There is a chance of light rain overnight into tomorrow morning. The snow is wet and it will not get below freezing tonight or tomorrow so come prepared to stay warm/dry.
- We are not expecting any additional changes at this point but may need make adjustments to hold a safe & fair race. Be sure to be at the pre-race meeting to catch any changes.
- Expect soft conditions as the course will likely soften the more it is ski on. We’ll do our best to keep things packed down but can only work with what’s left.